I never blogged the many ups and downs of marathon training this cycle and I know I will want to have it for myself later so here goes 4 posts or so to summarize it.
Week January 9th
- Monday- 2.02 recovery miles @ 9:54 avg pace
- Tuesday- 8 hilly miles @ 8:18 avg pace
- Wednesday- strength training with personal trainer (Brett)
- Thursday- 9 miles with 6×1 mile repeats. 7:02, 6:57, 7:00, 7:00, 6:58, 7:00
- Friday- strength training with Brett
- Saturday- 19 easy miles @ 8:46 avg pace
- Sunday- rest day
TOTAL MILES FOR THE WEEK: 38
Week of January 16th
- Monday-2.07 recovery miles @ 9:40 avg
- Tuesday- plyometric with Brett
- Wednesday- 7.5 miles of Fartlek pyramid. 1:00 hard, 2:30 easy, 2:00 hard, etc. up to 5:00 and back down. LOVED this workout.
- Thursday– 7 endurance miles @ 8:21 avg pace
- Friday- plyometics with Brett
- Saturday- 10 miles. 3 miles tempo (7:31, 7:24, 7:32), 6 miles @ MGP (7:33, 7:42, 7:40, 7:47, 7:47, 7:47) 1 mile @ mile pace (7:02). This one started outside and finished on the treadmill due to tornado weather!!
- Sunday- 4.28 miles with 8×30 sec hill repeats
TOTAL MILES FOR THE WEEK 30.85
Week of January 23rd
- Monday- 2.15 recovery miles @ 9:18 avg pace
- Tuesday-Plyometrics with Brett
- Wednesday- 7 miles. 3×2400 @ mile pace (7:01, 7:01, 7:02) w/800 between. 1 mile @ 1200 (6:46)
- Thursday- 9 endurance miles @ 8:25 avg pace
- Friday- Plyometrics with Brett
- Saturday- 22 easy miles @ 8:51 avg pace
- Sunday- 4.6 miles with 8 x 30 sec hill repeats
TOTAL MILES FOR THE WEEK: 44.75
Week of January 30
- Monday-rest day/travel to AZ
- Tuesday- 10 miles. 1 mile endurance, 8 miles @ MGP, 1 mile endurance for 7:55 avg
TOTAL MILES FOR JANUARY 158.84
January was the most amazing month of training. I nailed every run, I was on top of the world on a runners high like no other. In my personal life, I struggled with moving my grandmother from an assisted living home to a nursing home and having her in and out of the hospital two different times.
Consequently, that led to rushed workouts with little warm up or stretching post workout and not taking care of myself the way I should have. I didn’t go to a single yoga class, might have had 1 massage and barely saw my chiro. I was doing what I could to just stay afloat with my running.
If only I would’ve known what would happen because of it. February is up next!
Have you had a PERFECT training month?