Wow. Well, I don’t think I should ever complain about a full life because I know I’m very lucky. But man, it’s been CRAZY busy over the past few weeks and the first thing to go is social media. I’m pretty sure I said that in my last recap post, but it really is true. There is something to be said for actually capturing said busy life (and living it and not attempting to document it all via social media) and making the time to still balance the sharing and the living part. Does that make sense? I realized today I don’t think I’ve been on twitter in over 2 weeks and I definitely haven’t done a recap in a month. So, I will continue back tracking and recapping for two weeks at a time. I know it may not excite a lot of people, but I like to look back and see where I was in my training.
Week of June 22
- PLAN- 45 min prep strength
- ACTUAL- Body Sculpt and Barre Class at Fit: TO BE
I apparently love pain. Julie kicks your tail every single class. Another Class Pass fav.
- PLAN- 400s/200s (4x400s 200m easy between, 4×200 100m easy between)
- ACTUAL- 5.29 miles 8:06 avg pace. 1:43, 1:34, 1:36, 1:35, :46, :43, :43, :49, yoga for athletes
It’s been interesting to do more speed work outside since it’s light out and see how I do without a treadmill. I love knowing that I’m still able to hit my numbers, for the most part, even in the heat and uneven surface.
In other news, Olive got a haircut!
- PLAN- 5 mile hilly run
- ACTUAL- 5 miles 8:30 avg pace
- PLAN- 45 min prep strength
- ACTUAL- 20 min prep strength
A super crappy hotel in Dothan, AL left me with little weights to choose from. I did what I could and called it done.
- PLAN- 2 mile warmup MGP, repeat 8x’s 400M 15sec faster than 5K, 400M 15 sec faster than MGP, 1 mile easy
- ACTUAL- 6.2 miles @ 7:52 avg pace (6:35, 7:40)
I squeezed this in during a break at a trade show I was working. It was one of the hardest workouts I’ve done. I think I was mentally drained from work, forgot my headphones and the hot hotel gym didn’t help either. Saturday:
- PLAN- core strength
- ACTUAL- rest day
I still had to work the trade show and I chose an hour of R & R at the pool instead of working my core. Didn’t regret that choice. Sunday:
- PLAN- 8 miles at goal pace for half marathon
- ACTUAL- 8 miles @ 7:55 avg pace
Well, this didn’t go as planned. Rich and I got up super early to get our workouts in but it was just so insanely hot and humid in Destin and I was exhausted that I just ran at whatever pace I could. I was fine with that. We drove back to the ATL that afternoon.
Total Miles for the Week: 24.49
Week of June 29th
- PLAN-45 min prep strength
- ACTUAL- Flybarre class
A morning workout and then trip back to AL for work.
- PLAN-45 min peak run. 10 min warmup, 5×30 sec max sprints, 4:30 easy, 10 min cooldown
- ACTUAL- 5.5 miles @ 8:14 avg pace (45:15)
This felt tough- probably from all of the travel.
- PLAN- 45 min peak run. 10 min warmup, 5×30 sec max sprints, 4:30 easy, 10 min cooldown
- ACTUAL- 5.5 miles @8:14 avg pace (45:19)
Kinda crazy that I did both runs at the SAME pace. Wednesday felt a bit easier.
- PLAN- rest day
- ACTUAL- rest day
I got home and Rich and I decided to beat the crowd at the Peachtree Expo so we made our way downtown to get our bibs. It was great seeing my friend Molly and then Laura at Nuun. Friday:
- PLAN- 20 min pre race prep run
- ACTUAL- 2.38 miles @ 8:24 avg pace
A nice and easy morning run and then wedding stuff around the house until Holly and Batch made it to town!
- PLAN- Peachtree Road Race (goal 43:00)
- ACTUAL- 6.2 miles @ 7:07 avg pace plus 1 mile warmup
Not the race I thought I should’ve had. Honestly, I cheated on my FODMAP on Friday and wonder if I ate something that messed up my system- including my asthma. More on the race soon. Luckily, we had plans for a fun day and ended up at Monday Night Brewery and then grabbed dinner and we were home and napping by 5 or 6pm I think. We ended up having a pretty lazy night but a good 4th of July overall. Sunday:
- PLAN- 25 min core strength
- ACTUAL- Stellar Bodies class
I seriously don’t think I’ve ever taken a class this hard. I felt like a wimp and I was sore for about 3 days after the class. It’s pretty amazing.
Total Miles for the Week: 20.58
There ya go. At least I made it to July!?!? It’s interesting to see how low my mileage is but to also know how HARD it feels. Heat, stress, sidetracked- I’m not sure what it is but it definitely feels like more than 20-25 miles a week. I’m really proud of sticking to my workouts as much as possible.
When you get really busy- what’s the first thing to go? Cooking? Working out? Social Media? What did you do for the 4th (even though that was FOREVER ago)?