Race Week! This was a bit of a cut back week- with strict instructions from Coach Chris to not add any extra classes that he didn’t approve/put in my schedule.
- PLAN- 20 min core strength
- ACTUAL- 20 min core strength
- PLAN- Peak Run 5K at 10K pace
- ACTUAL- 4.1 miles 7:40 avg pace. 1 mile warmup and then 5k at 7:12 pace.
Another early morning at the gym (it was pouring outside) and I was pretty tired. I did add a 1 mile warmup to try and wake up but my training peaks app turned to red (instead of green) when I finished for doing more than a the 3.1 so no more of that.
- PLAN- 1 mile warmup 10k pace and muscle imbalance strength
- ACTUAL- 1 mile warmup 7:12 pace and muscle imbalance strength
Gym date with Rich! Thursday:
- PLAN- 45 minute peak run with 30 sec max efforts
- ACTUAL- 5.07 miles 8:53 avg pace. 10 minute warmup, 30 seconds (6:30, 5:59, 6:27, 6:13, 6:17) with 4:30 recovery
I surprisingly LOVED this workout. Timing the run instead of by mileage and then running all out for 30 seconds made it go by so quick.
That night, I met Amy for the West Stride Running Store Ladies Night. I’ve missed this event the past few years and ending up having a good time.I failed to get a picture of the giveaway bag but we got a TON of awesome things including a momentum jewelry bracelet, Nuun, and a Nike water bottle to name a few. I got lucky and won a Lily Pulitzer scarf and almost won a Oiselle hoodie for a bra race. Check it out on my facebook page– it’s pretty entertaining. I hate losing…
- PLAN- rest day
- ACTUAL- rest day
Low key night babysitting my favorite little one.
- PLAN- 20 minute pre-race prep run
- ACTUAL- 2.21 miles 9:03 avg pace
I flew to Little Rock that morning and met up with Beth (yay for new IRL blogger friends!). We grabbed lunch, hit the expo, and then she joined me on my shakeout run. We were able to hit up the Clinton Gift Shop (skipped the library) and I found a razorback ornament for my collection and then had lots of time to relax in our hotel room. Sunday:
- PLAN- Little Rock 1/2 Marathon (Goal 1:38:00)
- ACTUAL- 13.1 miles 1:37:25. PR CITY!!!
You can read all about the race here. I’m so glad I was home in time for dinner. All morning I wished I could’ve had pancakes post race but non of the options were gluten free. So, we had FODMAP friendly pancakes and bacon for dinner when I got home and finished up Season 2 of House of Cards just in time to start Season 3!
Total Miles for the Week: 25.48
Another great week. I was glad the weather didn’t hurt my workout schedule. We had threats of snow and ice but nothing stuck in my neighborhood so I was fine to do what I needed to do. And even though I missed my yoga/pilates/cross training/Class Pass fun, I still enjoyed the workouts.
Do you attend events at your local running store? How’s your luck- do you ever win at raffle drawings? Breakfast for dinner- yay or nay?