- PLAN- 8 miles easy, 2 easy, 2 half marathon goal pace (7:25), 2 easy
- ACTUAL- 8 miles, 2 easy, 7:40, 7:32, 7:21, 7:28, 2 easy (8:10 pace) and PT
Not surprised they didn’t go as planned. I wasn’t feeling it. PT continues to help and I love that I don’t have to go for an hour and don’t have to do hours worth of “homework” a week. Rich caught me in action…
and my balance isn’t great but I’m getting there and I believe my glutes are starting to fire again. I will call it improvement!
- PLAN- rest/cross
- ACTUAL- flywheel and private pilates
You know what’s a really entertaining way to start your Tuesday? Drive to flywheel at 5:30am, realize you left your wallet at home, and end up at flywheel with 1 mile to empty. OOPs. Thank goodness for Uber! I had to get a ride home and then get Rich to take me back to get my car.
- PLAN- 8 miles easy (7:55-9:00)
- ACTUAL- 8 miles easy 8:49 avg pace
Easy run through the city.
- PLAN- 6 miles easy
- ACTUAL- 6 miles easy 8:47 avg pace
Same as Wednesday. I just wasn’t really feeling it this week. The runs were more of a “check the box” than something I was looking forward to. Hopefully more on that at a later date.
- PLAN- rest day!
- ACTUAL- rest/PT/icebox therapy/travel day
I managed to work, go to PT, and icebox therapy before leaving that evening for Omaha.
- PLAN- 4 miles easy
- ACTUAL- 4 miles easy 8:45 avg pace
I love runs where you get to explore a new city. It was so much cooler out than in Atlanta so the temps added with a clean city to run in was refreshing!Rich and I spent the morning exploring and I rested that afternoon. The goal of the Omaha 1/2 was to make it a test run for NYC. I definitely did more than I planned to do on race day, but I wanted to eat the same foods, rest the day before, etc. So, it was also an early night to bed.
- PLAN- 3 mile warmup or cooldown and Omaha 1/2 Marathon
- ACTUAL- 2.5 mile warmup 8:43 avg pace and Omaha 1/2 Marathon 7:53 avg pace
A perfect tune up run, just as planned. A no frills race but it was my half way point in my racing the states goal. You can read the recap on my 25th state, here.
Total Miles for the Week: 42
Do you think marathon training is fun or work? Can you do a race as a tune up or easier run or do you feel the need to actually race if you have a bib on?