I know I have mentioned it before, but I am super excited to be an Ambassador for Nuun. I have been a huge fan of their product for several years and I am so excited to represent them when I get back to racing. I even have this fancy new singlet to rock once I am running again.
Have you tried the new Nuun flavors?? I’m slightly obsessed with all three and there is no way I could choose a favorite. Watermelon tastes like a jolly rancher. Lemonade, well, it’s lemonade, but you can definitely come up with some fun creations (1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade and 1/2 tri-berry, 1/2 lemonade come to mind quickly). Cherry limeade has a little bit of caffeine so I’ve been taking that one to my early morning flywheel classes for a little boost (fav combo of all time- 1/2 cherry limeade 1/2 kona kola). I was even nice enough to share with my guests the other weekend when they visited. They all loved Watermelon.
Although I can’t re-apply for Hood to Coast, I do get the opportunity to relay with them again this Fall! This will now be my goal “get-to” race post surgery. I get to hang with my NUUNHTC buddies from last year, which is even more sweet since I am missing Eugene with them. We will be running Ragnar Adirondacks Sept 27-28th.
And speaking of Hood to Coast, it’s time for applications!! I’m going to be honest, I was super bummed I couldn’t re-apply. I didn’t get to actually finish last year since I sprained my ankle, and was hoping for a redo. Maybe another year. 🙂 I actually had my application planned before we even left last year and I told Mason I would follow through with part of it, application or not.
I do love that they are choosing all new lady bloggers this year, which means 20 opportunities are out there for YOU! The deets on the application, dates, etc. are up on the Nuun blog.
Here are my top 3 tips on why you should apply:
1. Nuun and the peeps behind it. Seriously. The free swag is awesome and all, but Nuun treats you first class all the way. That part is way cooler. We had plenty of activities pre-relay where we got to know each other and the amazing people behind the brand. They have all become friends IRL too and have been super supportive. They were great with my injury at the race and even after my assault in the fall. They really truly care about each and every person they get to know. Not to mention, all of my PO’s from my Nuun orders come with super fun names now. I love having my extended running family in Seattle and everyone should be so lucky to know them IRL too.
2. Lots of new blogger friends. I totally blog stalked to get to know each and every person that was selected. I can honestly tell you I made friends for life last year and still talk to some of them on a weekly basis. The running and blogging community is so special-and there is something about that HTC experience that makes it even cooler.
3. Memories, memories, memories. There will never be another race experience like it. That I can guarantee you. It’s so hard to put it all into words. So just do it. You’ll totally regret not at least trying once August rolls around and Twitter and your blog feed are blowing up #NUUNHTC . I know I will be jealous.
My top 3 tips to make your application stand out:
1. Be Yourself. I put a ton of my personality in my video. They want to know YOU. Be funny, be entertaining, have fun, and tell YOUR story. Whatever that may be.
2. Ignore your stats. I got annoyed last year when people said “it was all big blogs” chosen year after year. Um, have you seen mine? I by no means have 1 bazillion followers and neither did most of my teammates. That stuff doesn’t matter.
3. Talk about Nuun. Duh. You are running to represent Nuun. They are your host. You obviously need to like the product and talk about the product, but be sincere.
Need some inspiration? Check mine out. A little story about me, some Nuun creativity, and a short video complete with a southern accent.
Still undecided? Go read my recaps (all under my races tab) and any of the recaps from my NUUNHTC teammates from last year. Let me know if you need help or ideas or want someone to just review it before you submit. 🙂
Have you tried the new flavors? Are you applying!?!?!