2o12 was a pretty amazing year. To wrap it all up with NYE, P flew down for a few days and we were able to spend the night with several of my best friends and their husbands. I haven’t spent NYE with these ladies since high school I think, so again, I guess the trial led to another positive. We had dinner and then a low key night sipping on many bottles of champagne.
I hope that 2013 can prove to be even better. Last year I kept my goals pretty simple and I plan to do that again. No need to make a list of 1,001 things that are overwhelming and are part of a long list. I also don’t believe in resolutions.
1. PR in the marathon. If I’m going to DREAM BIG, I gotta put it out there. I want to BQ. I know I am capable of it-so here it is in writing. My BHAG (big hairy audacious goal). Let’s hope Eugene is where that will happen.
2. Run in 5 new states. I’ve already got MS, TX, and OR planned. I’m hopeful that I can do a few more, but I don’t want to plan too far ahead. If it’s even more than 5, that would be fantastic!
3. Lose the last 7 pounds. For good. For real. I just started back up on my LoseIt app and will be tracking my food until I get to this goal. I will weigh myself once a week with my new scale-and yes, only once a week. I’m not going to drive myself crazy.
4. Maintain the cross training. I am LOVING pilates and yoga and those will continue to be a mainstay in my training regiment. I will also be trying out Best Body Bootcamp to get my bootcamp/crossfit type fix online. I don’t want to do too much while I’m marathon training-but I want to be held accountable for some weight-training.
5. Really get out of debt. REALLY. I said it last year and I failed. I am tempted to say I can’t sign up for another race until I am debt free but that might be a bit drastic.
I’m keeping them short and simple. There ya have it. Let’s hope I can stick to it.
Do you do resolutions or goals? What’s your BHAG for 2013?