November Recap

by Elizabeth on December 4, 2012

November definitely had some highs and some lows. Funny, the highs were amazing, and the lows really brought me down. But, apparently, they have touched a lot of people. So, if it was to happen, I’m glad I am here to tell it and that I could pay safety forward.

Miles Planned/Actual: 78/104.2 Kinda planned for 78. I didn’t have a plan the beginning of the month. I started the week after my half marathon. Either way-I will easily hit my goal of 1000 miles for 2012.

Cross Training Planned/Actual: /10 Didn’t have a full month of a plan. Enjoyed pilates, TRX, yoga for athletes, and stretching. Coach says its fine to do pilates as often as I want. I will have a somewhat outlined plan for cross training in the months going forward.

Races Planned/Actual: 2/2 the Huntsville 1/2 marathon and The Turkey Trot for Hope

Me and P post race at the Huntsville 1/2

PR’s: 1!  An almost 2 minute 5K PR at the Turkey Trot for Hope

22:20 finish and 2nd place AG!

New to Me Cross Training: 1/1 Kind of a cop out, but it was all about stretching (and a little pilates tower)

Challenges Completed: 0/0 Didn’t plan on doing any this month

Current Aches/Pains: NONE. This is huge. The ankle barely bothers me, I feel it occasionally, but no real pain. I still ice it after every run to be safe and help with the swelling (it is still swollen and is worse after a long day).

the nightly routine: UGG slipper on one, ice on the other.

Current Book: yep. Let that slip right by. AGAIN. The month just flies by. I read PLENTY of blogs and magazines though. I swear, I will finish Gone Girl by the end of December.

Current Obsession: the holidays. My new race plan. I absolutely love having goals and someone to push me.

Current Drink:  Still on my Kona Kola NUUN fix. Not sure that will ever go away. Loving hot chocolate K-cups. I did not expect them to be so good-but they are! Next up, finding the gingerbread coffee ones for December.

Current Like: December. That I will have a week or more off at the end of the month. The holidays. I LOVE this time of year. Running. I’ve missed really LIKING running. I’m back at that point.

Current Dislike: The issue with Martell Malone. He decided to plead NOT GUILTY today. I hate this man.

Current Treat: It’s baking season! Going to make gingerbread cookies, pumpkin gingerbread bars, perhaps some bourbon caramel truffles. YES.

Current Excitement: THIS WEEKEND!! My final 1/2 marathon of my 12 in 2012 goal and getting to see Corey. Several holiday parties, and well, this season in general.

How was your November? The Holidays-take them or leave them?

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Kim @ Just Trying December 4, 2012 at 11:20 pm

He plead not guilty? WTF?

I want to read Gone Girl too. Just need to get a copy.

Laura @ sweatingforit December 4, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Hi! I just started following your blog recently. How could that man possibly think he had a shot at not guilty? Seriously?

I love my boot camp for cross training!

Christine December 5, 2012 at 1:45 am

Wow, you did amazing!!! I’m so glad you are back running and killing it! :)

lisa J December 5, 2012 at 2:28 am

i have the gingerbread k cups, they are delicious. Also delicious- french toast and white chocolate mint. (yum)
You killed your mileage above what you had planned. My low mileage october + november is putting me at risk for not even hitting 1000 miles for the year- eek.

XLMIC December 5, 2012 at 4:43 am

November was pretty great on all fronts. December and the holidays…so excited :) And very excited that you are going to get that 12 in ’12!!!!

Krissy December 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Great November!! And not guilty??? Seriously???

Caroline December 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Not guilty….I am mad but not surprised with what I have read about this online…his lawyer is an idiot

I am so sorry you will have to see him again. You are strong and he is nothing. Not even sh….t….he is NOTHING.

I am reading Gone Girl too!!! I am in the middle. I think it is really good. I am staying away from Nicole’s blog because I think she is ahead of me now and I don’t want to know the ending!!! :)

B December 5, 2012 at 4:34 pm

GINGERBREAD is the best. If you don’t find it, let me know, I will send you some. I just *might* be stockpiling it.

Tasha @ Healthy Diva December 5, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Good luck this weekend! I am glad that your ankle isn’t bothering you anymore. That is huge!
When you bake can you send some of your goodies my way? They all sound yummy and awesome. I love holiday goodies! :-)

misszippy December 5, 2012 at 4:55 pm

So great the ankle is staying quiet for you. And sorry to hear about the perp (or is it perv? Both). He’ll get his due.

Finish Gone Girl–great ending!

alma December 5, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Hooray for a pr month!

Suzanne December 5, 2012 at 8:39 pm

What a month! I’m glad it was filled with mostly good things for you. Have a great time this weekend and good luck with your last half of the year! Congratulations on 12 in 2012!

FreeJulie December 5, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Hi Elizabeth! Kim told me about how you were attacked while running, and it’s spurred several conversations between my 13yo daughter and me about women and safety. I hope it’s somehow comforting to know that your experience has a lot of women thinking about keeping ourselves and our loved ones safe! We’re also in the same Christmas card exchange team on Kim’s blog, so I dropped by to add you to my blog list and say hello. :) Julie

Danielle December 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm

November was good but I am also very excited about December, the baking, and the holidays. Probably one of my favorite months!

kelseygodfrey December 5, 2012 at 9:30 pm

YAY! Congrats on a crazy month. I’m so jealous of you getting to see Corey! We need a southerners reunion ASAP. Good luck on your final half of the year!!