1. I told yall my race was tough. Holy terrible pics. At least I can fake it at the post-race picture.
2. I have a local half marathon on Saturday. The Monster Dash. To say I’m a little freaked out by this race is an understatement. It’s the first annual one in Atlanta. They changed the course yesterday. YES. YESTERDAY. It went from a really cool loop around the city to a double loop of crap. Should be interesting. At least my costume rocks. You didn’t actually think I’d share with you yet, did you? :):)
I have no serious goals for this race. This upper respiratory crap is not a whole lot of fun with asthma so I am winging it. A sub 2 would be great. A sub 1:50 would be insanity. But again, who knows how I will feel. I’ve been on meds since Tuesday, so hopefully by Saturday morning this crap will be out of my lungs.
3. I LOVE Halloween (see above). But I have found the older you get, the harder it is to find an appropriate party to go to. So, I dressed up my NUUN tubes instead (they are having a fun contest). It’s a play off of my NUUNHTC video, and I would love your vote. You can vote every day if you would like.
4. I don’t know how I forgot to share this, but I was featured in Atlanta’s InTown Paper this month (on page 16 if you want to read). They did a feature on health enthusiasts/runners with goals and I talked about my 50 state and 12 in 2012 goals. They definitely cut out some of my interview (that included a lot of good plugs for Team in Training) but it was still cool to be featured.
5. It pays to be generous. I donated to Becca’s fundraiser and ended up winning 3 things from the raffle! It’s my first pair of PRO Compression socks, first pair of INK N BURN arm sleeves, and another fabulous TeamSparkle skirt and leg sleeves. Pretty awesome. I definitely got way more back than what my donation was.
6. Me and P are headed to Auburn for the game after my race. I WILL NOT be a fair weather fan. Auburn might suck this year (to put it nicely) but I will go enjoy one of my favorite places in the South. War Eagle.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE RACING THIS WEEKEND! Especially anyone up North with this crazy hurricane!
What are you going to be for Halloween? Are you racing this weekend? Did you enter the NUUN contest? First annual races-skip em or participate?